Note: As of August 2023 , MTN has updated its USSD code for checking data balance to *323*4#. Please use this revised code for accurate results.
In today’s world monitoring your data usage is important to ensure you never run out of data unexpectedly. If you’re an MTN subscriber, you’re in the right place. In this complete guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to check your MTN data balance. Whether you’re using a smartphone, tablet, or computer, we’ve got you covered.
Checking MTN Data Balance on Your Mobile Device
USSD Code Method
One of the quickest ways to check your MTN data balance is by using USSD codes. Follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s dialer.
*323*4#and press the call button.
- Within seconds, you’ll receive a message with details about your data balance, including your data plan’s validity period.
Remember: MTN no longer allow
*131*4# so use the second code which is
*323*4# only if the old ussd code is no longer working for you.
Alternatively, you can check your data balance by sending an SMS. Here’s how:
- Compose a new message on your phone.
- Type “2” and send it to “131.”
- Shortly, you’ll receive an SMS containing your data balance and its expiration date.
MTN Mobile App
For a more convenient option, consider using the official MTN mobile app:
- Download and install the MTN mobile app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and log in to your MTN account.
- Navigate to the “Data” or “Usage” section to view your data balance.
Checking MTN Data Balance on Your Computer
If you prefer checking your data balance on a computer, MTN offers a user-friendly web portal for this purpose:
- Launch your preferred web browser on your computer.
- Visit the official MTN website at www.mtn.com.
- Log in to your MTN account if prompted.
- Navigate to the “Data Balance” or “Usage” section.
- You’ll find detailed information about your data balance and usage.
Understanding Your MTN Data Balance
It’s essential to comprehend the details provided when checking your MTN data balance:
- Data Balance: This indicates the amount of data you have left in your current data plan.
- Data Plan Validity: This specifies the duration your data plan is valid. It’s crucial to know when your plan expires to avoid unexpected data cutoffs.
- Bonus Data: Sometimes, MTN offers bonus data to subscribers as part of promotions. Your bonus data balance, if applicable, will also be displayed.
- Roll-Over Data: Some MTN data plans allow you to roll over unused data to the next billing cycle. Be sure to check if your plan includes this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if my data balance is low?
If your data balance is running low, you can easily purchase additional data by dialing
*131# and following the prompts.
2. Can I check my data balance while roaming?
Yes, you can check your MTN data balance while roaming. The USSD code method works worldwide, ensuring you’re always informed about your data usage.
3. What if I forget my MTN account login details?
If you forget your MTN account login details, you can reset your password or recover your username through the official MTN website or app. Follow the provided instructions for account recovery.
Staying in control of your data usage is a smart way to manage your expenses and ensure uninterrupted connectivity. With the easy-to-follow methods outlined in this guide, you can effortlessly check your MTN data balance and stay informed about your data plan’s status. Don’t let data surprises you – take charge of your MTN data balance today!
Remember: Data usage can vary depending on your activities, so checking your balance regularly is a wise practice to avoid overages. Stay connected and stay in control with MTN.